The Shasta County Sheriff's Citizen Volunteer Patrol Program is a community-based crime prevention program exercision proactive law enforcement principles. The program is designed to provide supplemental detection and reporting of suspicious persons and activities to support the Sheriff's Office. The program is composed of citizen volunteers who are residents of Shasta County, who desire to interact with and serve their communities and the Sheriff's Office.
An intangible benefit is the personal satisfaction of being an asset the community while performing a needed function.
The program is committed to providing qualified and trained volunteers to augment field operations of the Sheriff's Office, serving the citizens of the various Shasta County communities through:
* Patrolling the streets as a high visibility "eyes and ears" for the Sheriff's Office.
* Business checks.
* Residential vacation and vacant house checks.
* Business Watch and Neighborhood Watch activities.
* Assisting in case of emergencies.
* Traffic control at city events.
* Crime Prevention events and activities.
* Clerical support at the main office and various stations.
Qualifications and Requirements
Although volunteers are not sworn peace officers and have no authority to act in an enforcement status, there are stringent qualifications that are required.
* Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
* Posses a valid California driver's license.
* Not convicted of a felony or serious misdemeanor or any dcrime involving moral turpitude.
* Successfully pass a Sheriff's Office background check.
* Be willing and capable to volunteer a minimum of eight hours a month.
* Be willing to abide by the rules and regulations set forth in the CVP Program Manual.
* Be willing to take direction from the volunteer leadership and Sheriff's Officials.
* Be able to work well with other citizen volunteers and community members.
If you meet the above qualifications and requirements and would like to become part of the Citizen Volunteer Patrol, click here for an application. Please complete the application and return it to the Sheriff's station in the City of Shasta Lake.