Cannabis Application Process and Fees
Cannabis Permit Application Forms
Applications for Cultivation, Nonvolatile Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail, and Testing Labs are now available!
In order to operate a cannabis business in the City of Shasta Lake, you need to secure a planning and building permit, if it's necessary, and a Business Operating Permit from the City of Shasta Lake Development Services Department.
Commercial Cannabis Business Application Package
- Commercial Cannabis Business Application Package - Cultivation (PDF)
- Commercial Cannabis Business Application Package - Distribution and Transportation (PDF)
- Commercial Cannabis Business Application Package - Manufacturing (PDF)
- Commercial Cannabis Business Application Package - Retail Sales (PDF)
- Commercial Cannabis Business Application Package - Testing Labs (PDF)
- **Required Attachment for Manufacturing, Cultivation, and Testing - Utility Load Information Form(s) (PDF)
- Annual Renewal Application Form (PDF)Applications for the renewal of a permit shall be filed with the director of development services at least sixty (60) calendar days before the expiration of the current permit.
- Premises Diagram
All Cannabis Operations shall pay applicable fees and taxes, which may include one or more of the following: a. Application Fee (PDF). The Business Applicant shall submit a non-refundable fee to cover the cost of processing an application for commercial cannabis business. The application fee is paid at the time the application is submitted. b. Business License Fee.The Business Owner shall at all times maintain a current and valid business certificate and pay all business taxes required by the Shasta Lake Municipal Code.
c. Regulatory License Fee (PDF). The Business Owner shall pay an annual regulatory license fee ("Regulatory Fee") to cover the costs of anticipated enforcement relating to the Cannabis Operation. The amount of the fee shall be set by Resolution of the City Council and be supported by the estimated additional costs of enforcement and monitoring associated with the Cannabis Operation. The Regulatory Fee shall be due and payable prior to opening for business and thereafter on or before the anniversary date. The Regulatory Fee may be amended from time to time based upon actual costs. The Regulatory Fee must be paid in full before the issuance of Commercial Cannabis Business Permit.
- Conditional Use Permit
- Environmental Assessment/Initial Study Application
- Live Scan Locations - Shasta County
- Request for Live Scan Form (PDF)
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife-EPIMS (Environmental Permit Information Management System)
- Water Boards Cannabis Cultivation Programs-Cannabis Policy Approved and in Effect
Live Online Cannabis Regulatory Program Portal
- Bureau of Cannabis Control - Licensee Bond Form (4/16/18: Please note that a proof of a surety bond is required for each license application.)
- Secretary of State - Business Search
For questions and additional information on the application process, please contact: Development Services Department:
Phone: (530) 275-7430
We prefer all questions to be submitted via email, we will make every effort to respond in a timely manner.
Or visit us at: 4477 Main Street, Shasta Lake, CA 96019
Monday through Friday: 7am to 4pm (closed daily 12 to 1pm)
- What type of Bond do I need?
- For retail, can the employee name tags reflect just first name and photo ID?
- Is there a limit to the number of licenses a cannabis business can obtain?
- How long does the application process take? Will I be notified if my application is not complete?
- Can a cannabis business be a commercial operation?
- How do I know if a cannabis business is allowed on the property where I plan to operate?
- Can I cultivate cannabis while my permit applications are being processed?
- Is there a cap to the number of permits the City will issue?
- Does the City allow commercial cultivation and manufacturing for non-medical purposes now that the voters passed Prop. 64?
- What are the Cannabis Permit Fees?
- What is the current City's Tax on Cannabis Businesses?
- Does the City of Shasta Lake allow “Cottage Licenses” for commercial cultivation?
- According to City's cannabis ordinance dispensaries and Retail outlets are permitted to deliver, does this apply to retail nurseries?