General Plan Update 2040
The City Council and the Planning Commission are seeking your input on the General Plan Update! Your questions and comments on the Plan, and on the Environmental Impact Report when it is released later this spring, are needed to ensure the Plan reflects the needs and desires of the community. The updated Plan expresses the community’s vision for growth, and contains the public policies that will impact community development over the next 20 years. Once adopted, it will be the foundation upon which all future land use decisions must be based. This is the community’s first comprehensive update since the original General Plan was adopted in 1999. Commenced in January 2015, the Draft General Plan Update has undergone extensive review and input at public meetings and workshops over the past several years.
The public review and comment period on the Update will begin on July 25th, 2022 and will close on September 8th, 2022. The City of Shasta Lake Planning Commission will hold two meetings to accept your comments on the draft Plan. Meetings will be held in the City Council Chambers, located at 4488 Red Bluff Street, Shasta Lake, on the following dates and times: August 18, 2022, at 6:00 P.M., and September 22, 2022, at 6:00 P.M. Please note these meeting dates are subject to change.
For additional information, please contact Peter Bird, Senior Planner at (530) 275-7416 or Jim Hamilton, Annuitant Planner at (530) 275-7405.
Contact: Peter Bird
- City Council Staff Report
- Attachment A: Resolution certifying the Final Environmental Impact Report for the City of Shasta Lake 2040 General Plan Update
- Attachment B: Resolution adopting the City of Shasta Lake 2040 General Plan Update and related Land Use Diagram, including recommended text and land use mapping modifications.
- Attachment C: An Ordinance adopting and implementing the 2040 General Plan Update, and setting forth necessary future administrative actions.
- Attachment D: Background on General Plan actions including revised development projections, recommended modifications and comments received.
- Attachment E: Background on CEQA action including Final Environmental Impact Report. Final Environmental Impact Report Findings of Fact and Statement of Overriding Considerations for the City of Shasta Lake 2040 General Plan Update.
- Attachment F: City of Shasta Lake Draft 2040 General Plan Update and related errata.
- Attachment G: Draft Environmental Impact Report @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>