What kind of report can I make online and how can I report it?
To better meet the needs of the community, the Sheriff's Department has introduced a new way of reporting crime in Shasta County. Coplogic is an online reporting system which the public can access 24/7 to report low-priority crimes. This new and advanced program can take in anywhere from 10 to 30 percent of all reports without dispatching an officer.

The benefits of this program are:
1) Citizens have the convenience of being able to report crime on their schedule rather than waiting for a deputy to arrive.
2) Incidents that would otherwise go unreported are more likely to be filed; which in turn provides law enforcement with a better overall picture of crime trends.
3) Deputies are able to focus their time and effort responding to higher priority calls.

Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the case report for free. A typical report takes between 10 - 20 minutes to complete. A computer with access to the internet and a valid email address are required. Crimes and incidents currently reportable online are:
~ Theft (petty) of property or credit card
~ Fraudulent use of credit card information
~ Vandalism (felony and misdemeanor) to property including vehicles
~ Harassing phone calls
~ Lost Property

In order to report a crime through this system you must:

*Be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
*The incident must have occurred within Shasta County and outside any incorporated municipalities or townships. Exact location verification is required in the report.
*You have no suspect information.
*There is no physical evidence to the incident.

Click here to submit an Online Crime Report

Show All Answers

1. Where can I pick up a copy of a report?
2. Where do I go to get my fingerprints taken?
3. Where do I go to get my concealed weapon permit?
4. What is the restraining order process?
5. What do I do when I get a traffic ticket?
6. What kind of report can I make online and how can I report it?